MPA’s principle consultants, Alastair Stevenson and Frank Coan, have led, or taken a major role in, the selection of assignments shown below.
- Numerous studies have been carried out evaluating trading prospects for new hotel developments and investment in existing properties. These have involved detailed analysis of competitive hotel performance, projections of demand growth, identification of future competitive developments and detailed rooms revenue modelling. Recent locations include, West London/Heathrow, Tunbridge Wells, Cambridge, Blackpool, Peterborough, Liverpool, Norwich and Birmingham.
- MPA worked for three 5 Star Irish hotels on the development of highly focussed marketing strategies and action plans. These are carried out in close collaboration with the individual hotel’s management teams to ensure plans are fully supported by those responsible for their implementation. The MPA team has since worked for a wide range of hotels throughout Ireland.
- Working for a Belgian-based client MPA reviewed the market opportunity for a 300 bedroom residential conference centre in West London.
- Working in association with Mike Williamson, an Edinburgh-based golf specialist, MPA reviewed a number of golf resort development proposals inNorthern Ireland.
- For a private owner, a comprehensive operational and marketing review was undertaken of a Cornish resort hotel, assessing its performance in the marketplace and putting forward a profit improvement plan.
- MPA were engaged by a newly opened golf resort hotel in southern England to review its sales and marketing operation, develop an action plan and set future room revenue budgets.
- A business plan was prepared for the redevelopment of Ellesmere Market Hall as a comprehensive community facility incorporating Library, youth facilities, multi-use hall and meeting rooms.
- A detailed competitive and operational review was carried out of Acton Scott Historic Working Farm, Shropshire CC’s prime heritage site. Recommendations were made for future development of the museum/attraction.
- In conjunction with Deloitte and Touche Corporate Finance, MPA carried out a detailed analysis of the current and potential future market for Southend Pier as a basis for a future investment and regeneration plan.
- Working for the Aberglasney Gardens Trust, MPA prepared an options assessment covering a range of potential uses for the Coach House on the estate, including self-catering, functions, offices and residential.